As a club member you receive a range of benefits which includes:
- Representing Stroud & District A.C. as a club athlete subject to competition rules. (Save £2 per event if you also UKA registered1).
- Tuesday and Thursday 6pm training sessions 52 weeks of the year from Archway school.
- England Athletics qualified coaches and group leaders.
- Groups for all ages and ranges of abilities – track and field to road running.
- Training facilities out of Archway school including use of changing rooms, large field, running track (summer time) and parking. Additional track and field facilities are also provided in Stonehouse and Gloucester.
- The right to vote at the club AGM normally held in October.
- Excellent discounts with local suppliers – Gyms/Leisure Centre, Sports Therapists, and Equipment – see the website for current list. Please see this page for full details.
- Attendance of the annual Cherington 10km road race and social evening, which is a private and complimentary event hosted by the club for the benefit of its members.
- Selection for the Cotswold Way Relay team(s) paid by the club.
- Selection for the Welsh Castles Relay1 team paid by the club.
- News and online resources via email and private club Facebook page.
- Recognition of your success on the club website and social media.
- Free entry to the Gwent league cross country series.
- Compete for the cross country league champion award per age group within the club.
- IF you are UKA registered, you are also eligible for London Marathon ballot place and Brighton Marathon1.
- Eligible for club awards presented annually to recognize contribution and achievements.
- Benefits of UKA membership can be found here.
Existing registered athletes who have not renewed their subs are not considered members of the club and will not qualify for the above benefits.
Our subs are extremely good value compared to athletics clubs across the country of similar size.
We are only able to keep our subs so low because of the success of our club races, so we really need all our members to support those races either by entering and running, or helping to organise and marshal.
1 Individual UKA / England Athletics license required.