FRAMPTON 10K 28 JUNE 2021
COMPETITOR BRIEFING NOTES
This is an important aspect of the race; it highlights the valid issues raised in the risk assessment, and normally informs the competitors immediately before the race start.
- Please wear a mask and keep this on until you have started running.
- The Race is Chip timed and results will be in the form of a time trial. Gun Time will not be used for this event.
- Runners will be walked to the start in four waves.
- Wave 1- Sub 45 minute finish time
- Wave 2 – Sub 55 minute finish time
- Wave 3 Sub 65 minute finish time
- Wave 4 – All other runners
- Each wave of runners will be set off separately.
- You are running on public highways, and so traffic will be on the roads. There are no formal road closures.
- Please ensure you pay attention to the Marshals.
- Do not wear an mp3 player or similar music device as you will not be able to hear the Marshals instructions. You will be disqualified. UKA approved earphones are allowed.
- Please be aware of any minor road defects.
- Ensure you follow the Highway Code when running on roads.
- Please stay on the left side of the road unless instructed otherwise.
- Please follow the marshals instructions before the canal bridge coming back and stay on the right hand side of the road.
- Please take on fluids in this hot weather. Water will be available at the finish.
- At the finish please keep to the grass when directed.
- There will be a lead car and sweep bike. The pacing of runners by cyclists is not permitted.
- Significant monies raised for charities over the years
- Do not forget your bottle of cider at the end and then in line with current COVID legislation disperse.
Thank you to everyone for entering and hope you all have an enjoyable run.
Also thank you to all those who have made this race possible in these challenging times.
We look forward to seeing you again in 2022 when hopefully the race will be run under more normal circumstances.