Stroud & District AC is strongly committed to encouraging our members to take part, but the health, well-being and safety of each individual is always our paramount concern.
We recommend levels of training dependent on age and ability and expect our athletes to participate within these boundaries.
Health and Safety Policy
To support our Health & Safety policy statement we are committed to the following duties:
- Undertake recorded risk assessment of all sporting activities organised by the club. These should be reviewed annually. These are available here.
- Create a safe environment by putting health & safety measures in place as identified by the assessment.
- Ensure that all members are given the appropriate level of training and competition by assessing individual ability.
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the club’s health & safety policy.
- Appoint a competent club member to be the point of contact for all health and safety activities.
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities as identified by the risk assessments.
- Report any injuries or accidents sustained during any club activity – Click here to open the UKA accident reporting form
- Ensure that the policy is reviewed and monitored for effectiveness.
Members’ Health and Safety Duties
- Take reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be training with you.
- Assess your own fitness levels and maturity as a competitor when deciding what training to undertake and what competitions to enter.
- Co-operate with the club on health & safety issues.
- Correctly use all equipment provided by the club.
- Do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare.
Location of First Aid facilities
- We have access to a Defibrillator and first aid kit at the Archway Leisure Centre.
- Defibrillators are also available at locations around our running area and we encourage all members to familiarize themselves with these.
Published March 2022